One regular request I get from my subscribers is “Do you plan on expanding markets beyond the E-mini S&P 500”? The answer is YES. It needs to be done thoughtfully and carefully for me to create the highest value analysis. Patience will be rewarded!
Meanwhile, I am publishing special updates like these to my subscribers when I see interesting, actionable price data, The “we’re at a key level” or “timing is coming in” type factors are what make it special, and a bit different from the Chart Of the Week that I used to distribute back in 2016.
The GLD chart is calling out to me today for a few reasons. The last time I wrote about it was in my final Chart Of the Week that I published on December 2, 2016. I’ve temporarily posted that report in the archives of the Members Only section, which anyone can access by subscribing to a FREE 30-day no obligation trial to my work:
Chart: SPDR Gold Trust (TradeStation: GLD / June 1, 2017 / 10:29 AM Eastern Time (U.S. New York) / DAILY CHART SHOWN
GLD looks “toppy” to me for these reasons:
- TIMING based on observations back to last August show the start of every other month (essentially 60 days) capturing trend accelerations or reversals in the short-term.
- PRICE is backing off from a resistance trendline (lower of two black lines). This trendline is the parallel projection of a trendline I originally drew on a weekly chart joining 131.15 and 130.55.
- PRICE is also backing off after yesterday’s test of the 121.28 old low, which is also the bottom of a price spike on the weekly chart.
- Lastly, PRICE formed a shooting star candle yesterday
- 14-DAY RSI posted a minor (day to day) bearish divergence WITHIN the bear market resistance zone. The last time that this zone ended up capping price action (yellow vertical line), a substantial downside move followed.
Outlook: If the support at Tuesday’s 119.95 low is breached and the gap up from last Friday’s 119.69 high is closed, then I’d watch for declines toward 117.14 initially. This outlook would be negated (in the short-term) if instead there’s a close back above yesterday’s 121.23 high and 121.28.
GLD | KEY PRICE LEVELS
131.15 — Jul 6, 2016 high, near 131.24 (midpoint weekly price spike)
128.20 — Sep 22, 2016 high
124.76 — Nov 2, 2016 high
123.07 — Apr 17, 2017 high
121.28 — Apr 19, 2017 old low
117.14 — May 8, 2017 old high
115.56 — May 9, 2017
114.02 — Mar 15, 2017 low
112.81 — Jan 27, 2017 low
Financial Analyst and Blogger: Skinny On The Mini
CMT Content Director: Wiley Efficient Learning
Visit my website www.himareddy.com
Copyright © 2017 Celer Wealth LLC, All rights reserved.